Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mind over Body

Lately I've been training my mind to overcome my body. I'm not allowing the way my body feels to dictate my actions. For example, in the mornings if I'm tired I force myself to get up and go walking. I walk every morning and night even if I don't feel up to it. Now this doesn't mean that after my walk I'm not tired. In fact, some days I come home and take a nap. My goal is to get my body and mind to work together to overcome the cancer and help the chemo take affect. Another example of mind over body is when I'm eating. During many meals I take a break to vomit but force myself to sit back at the table and finish my plate. I won't let the nausea win. Now it's mind and body versus cancer and chemicals and I plan on winning. A lot of people just say I'm hard headed!

What I do know is God can heal. I have no doubt that he is answering my prayers and I can feel him strengthening me each and every day. He can can heal even the sickest person, but I have to do my part too. God gave me a body and a mind and I plan to use them. I will use my God given abilities and do everything in my power to overcome this disease. How can God help us if we aren't helping ourselves?

"Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

  1. Marcus is going through some of these same things-but he is doing everything he can to work through it-for God, for himself, for me, for our girls....prayers to you...stay strong and keep up the fight!

    ReplyDelete