Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting Your Problems Off Your Mind

I've always been an active person and usually don't spend much time sitting around. While undergoing treatment I've had to spend A LOT of time at home. While my mom was still around I'd go to her house every day and hang out with the family. My daughter and grandson also spent a great deal of time in Beaumont over the past few months. After the holidays my siblings returned to work since we were no longer looking after my mother and my daughter had to return to her life as well. Without these daily distractions my life has been pretty boring. I've been spending more time alone than I ever have. This week my friend and his father came by the house and picked me up to go on a drive. It was so nice to get out of the house and visit with someone. It was a great distraction from my mundane, daily schedule. Time away was good for my mind, body and soul. If you know someone who is spending a lot of time alone feel free to give them a call. There's a good chance they'd like a distraction from their life too.

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble." 1 Peter 3:8

1 comment:

  1. Mark,
    working everuday in the lube zone but we need to get together. i am having surgery thursday so i will be right with you buddy. sitting home wanting not to be... hey i ran in to a guy at a Christian book store who said he knows you.... lynn tate.... he said he went to school with you and he use to get you out of class... he laughed.... he works at valero and he owns the The Living Word book store across from central mall in Port Arthur. Anyway... thought you might want to know. i am on nights this weekend.... love you brother! HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON

    ReplyDelete