Wednesday, January 6, 2010

God Suprises Me Everyday!

I've been reading "The One Year Devotional Prayer Book" and have been surprised to see how the prayers have been completely appropriate for that day in time. It's as if they were written for me and what I'm going through. I'll share a couple with you so you know what I mean.

On Monday before leaving for MDA to get my test results I read this prayer:
"Lord, this morning I wait with eager anticipation to see what you have in store for this day. Help me find my hope in you and in your word. Teach me to wait for your perfect will to be done. Thank you for waking me this morning with another opportunity to live for you. Amen."

"Perhaps God has you in his waiting room. Be patient. Waiting on God is never wasted time. He hears you! As you wait, your hope is in his word.

It is often said that God answers our prayers in one of three ways: yes, no, and wait. The important thing is that God hears and answers everyone of our prayers for our good and for his glory."


"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning, yes, more than those than watch for the morning." Psalms 130:5-6

Then today before leaving for chemo therapy I read this prayer:
"Father, You are mighty to save and worthy of all praise. This morning, as I prepare for battle, help me to choose the right weapons; the helmet of salvation; the sword of the spirit, which is your word; the breastplate of righteousness; the shoes of the gospel of peace; and the shield of faith. Thank you that you go before me in this war and that I have prepared the way for victory. Amen."

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strong holds." 2nd Corinthians 10:4

Doing daily devotionals is something new to me and I'm really enjoying it. It's amazing how God speaks to you through so many different channels. This week's prayers could have been completely different but they weren't. They were perfect and prepared me for the tough day ahead. God is truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment