Monday, January 18, 2010

Don't Waste Your Life

My daughter was telling me the story of a young lady who is probably not even 30 yet. She is married with 2 small children and recently found out she has stage four cancer. After chemo, radiation, surgery, and experimental drugs MDA has told her there is nothing else they can do. They gave her 2 months to live. We don't know this girl personally but it's heartbreaking. Young moms, dads and children are being diagnosed with cancer every day and not always receiving good news.

For some reason, my prognosis is going in the opposite direction. The chemo is working and it appears that God may spare me. God has a plan for me on Earth and I plan to live my life for him every day. I won't sit around and waste it. If you are able to wake up each morning, then God has a plan for you too. God gives us all gifts or talents that he plans for us to use to bring him glory. I challenge you to use your gifts and live for him each day.

"Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare." Psalms 40:5

No comments:

Post a Comment