Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Words Can't Express

My family has had a big loss today. My mother passed away at 4:45p. She had an extremely rough night last night, so this morning my family gathered and prayed over her while listening to worship music. God answered our prayer and she relaxed and rested peacefully to the end. My brother went to the store and bought a CD that had my parent's song on it. They danced to Vince Gill's "Just the Two of Us" at their 50th anniversary party so we played that song for her a couple of times. My parents loved to dance so we encouraged her to go to heaven and dance. After the song was over the priest showed up and said the last rights and we all prayed. Quickly there after she passed away peacefully. We feel like my dad came and got her and they were reunited tonight. Although we are glad they are both together words can not express how much we will miss them. After discussing it with my family we decided I should go to my chemo appointment tomorrow. Please continue to pray that chemo works and for my family as the week continues.

"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him." 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

3 comments:

  1. UNCLE MARK IM SO SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR MOM.BUT I KNOW SHE IS DANCEING AROUND HEAVEN WITH YOUR DAD AND I JUST KNOW THEY ARE SO VERY HAPPY TO BE TOGTHER AGAIN.KNOW YOU HAVE THE MOST SWEETEST GUARDIAN ANGEL WATCHING OVER YOUR EVERY STEP IN LIFE THAT LAYS AHEAD OF YOU..ALL MY LOVE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..KIM GASPARD AND GIRLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, I am sorry about the passing of your mom. But, as you have said so sweetly, she is reunited with your dad and they are in eachother's arms once again dancing to their song. Your family is close and the memories you all have will take you through the coming days, weeks and months. There will be tears of sadness and tears of laughter. I hope you have more of the "laughter" remembering good times. Our thoughts are with you and your family. You continue moving forward and know that you can kick this battle!

    ..if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. **Matthew 17:20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,
    You know Mom was with your Dad when your Mom went to heaven. We have so many angels working for us. I feel it all the time and have been at the point to ask "why me". I am so glad my last visit with Aunt Nancy was wonderful and she gave me a chime that I will treasure forever like I did her. She was like my other Mom.

    ReplyDelete