Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Praise the Lord

My mother's visitation will be from 5-7p on Sunday at Broussards on the corner of Major Drive and Gladys. It will be followed by a service at 7p the same night. The funeral will be held Monday at 10a at St. Anthony's Cathedral on Neches right off of College Street.

God has definitely been working in my life and has answered 2 specific prayers. First, my mother didn't suffer and second I got good news from my oncologist. My blood work was still good. My white blood count was low but still good enough to receive chemo. If it's lower than 1 they won't let you have chemo and you have to receive shots to build your immune system. The blood work also showed that the chemo is staying in my system and fighting the cancer for a long period of time which is good. Also, the swelling in my stomach has gone down some and my stomach wasn't rumbling as much as it use to which is a good indicator. After my last chemo treatment I had intense stomach and back pain and was concerned. The doctor felt since the pain went away after a few days that the chemo was fighting with the tumor and winning. I'm also glad to report I didn't get sick on the ride home. Overall, the chemo treatments seem to be working and I'm ecstatic. God is good!

"Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.
How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men
find [a] refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light." Psalms 36:5-9

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that we are so far away or I'd be there this weekend. We will have all of you in our prayers. I am so glad to hear that the chemo is attacking the cancer. Great news! God is good!

    If God brings you to it he'll
    Bring you through it..

    All our love!
    Traci and Richard

    ReplyDelete