Friday, December 4, 2009

One of my 2 Heros
















Each time I have chemo it's like a new adventure. I never know how the medication is going to affect my body. This time my blood pressure is running high.

Today I'd like to tell you about a Christian who I want to be like-my mother.

-Married to a wonderful man for 56 years who died in 1998. They never had a serious quarrel. They also loved to dance and enjoyed music. They were both very strong Christians and raised their family with Christian values. Missing church as a family was not an option.
-People and strangers from all over would call and ask her to pray for them. She had very powerful prayers. For example, I've had lots of friends call my mother when their kids were sick. Her prayers were like magic. When she asked she received.
-She said the Rosary everyday for anyone who was sick or needed comfort.
-She lit the candle every morning.
-Our favorite times were gathering on Saturdays when she made spaghetti and meatballs.
-She cooked every single Saturday for the entire family.
-She gave to charities all over.
-She was really generous to people who she thought needed it. For example, she went out of her way to tip bust boys at restaurants.
-She volunteered at Some Other Place for years.
-When at Some Other Place she learned the homeless people’s birthdays and gave them money as a gift.
-She had 6 children, 12 grandchildren and 14 great grand children.

My mother loved her family, friends and especially God. She gave us all a strong Christian foundation to build on. She continuously praised the Lord each and every day and I hope I can remember to do the same. I know she's in heaven helping Jesus run the place. Now we have 2 angels in heaven looking over the family.

Before passing, she was worried about my well being. I promised her that I'd be ok and so would the family. Now I must live up to my promise and beat my cancer.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

2 comments:

  1. Mark,
    Sorry to hear about your mother.
    Thought of a passage I heard a long time ago so I looked it up. The last verse says "Wherefore comfort one another with these words." So..... hopefully, it will bring a little comfort in this time of sadness.
    The passage is I Thessalonians 4: 13-18
    Call me if you need anything buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark stay strong brother. I am sorry to hear about your mom there is no easy way to deal with the loss of someone you love. If there is anything I can help you with let me no. I am a good driver to MD Anderson Just ask Micheal Ray. May God bless you and your family and give you the strength to beat this. Best Wishes Fester

    ReplyDelete