Sunday, December 27, 2009

God's Love Filters Your Life

This Wednesday I'm having a catscan done which will determine whether or not the chemo is working. I'm already anxious about the results and my brother always tells me a miracle is coming. I know he is right because I've already improved so much.
I've been reading a book entitled "You! God's Brand New Idea" by Max Lucado and found a passage I'd like to share with you. This passage has comforted me and already made me feel better.

"God's Love Filters Your Life."


Every so often in life, we found ourselves standing before God's counter, thinking we know the itinerary. Good health, a job promotion, a pregnancy. Many times God checks the itinerary he created and says yes. But there are times he says, "No. That is not the journey I have planned for you. I have you routed through the city of struggle."

We can stamp our feet and shake our fist. Or we can make a sailor-in-the-storm-decision. I know God knows what is best.

He alters all itineraries. He knows what is best. No struggle will come your way apart from his purpose, presence, and permission. What encouragement this brings! You are never the victim of nature or the prey of fate. Chance is eliminated. You are more than a weather vane whipped about the winds of fortune.

We live beneath the protective palm of a sovereign king who superintends every circumstances in our lives and delights in doing us good.


If you have something in your life that has you worried or concerned remember to trust in God. He'll get you through anything.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers continue! I know there is a miracle too that will come in due time. I can't even begin to imagine the anxious feelings you are having. But, I trust that God does have the perfect plan for you and that this miracle is going to not only be GRAND for you but that it is one that will minister to many others that are keeping up with you.

    I saw your pic on Justin's Facebook! You look good and as for the hair coming in white/gray....who cares! Men can get away with that....

    We love you!

    Traci and Richard

    ReplyDelete