Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Live Life to the Fullest

The doctors say I can eat anything, so over the past few days I've been experimenting with different foods. Some work and others don't!

I'm not qualified to discuss some subjects, but in the most recent months I've become knowledgeable on one subject and that is living life to the fullest. I have no control over whether or not the chemo is working or how long I'll be on Earth. Although most things in my life are out of my control I do have a few personal decisions I can make. While on Earth I'll make good decisions that will impact my eternal life. I can choose whether or not I'll take the path to heaven or hell, and I choose heaven. The choices and decisions I make are up to me and no one else. I'm going to enjoy each minute of my life, be thankful for the good things, and try to change the bad. I'm going to praise God and give Him all the glory He deserves, so when He comes for me I'll have a front row seat in heaven.

I've learned that the best way to live my life is to wake up, thank God for another day, and pray away any pain I may be feeling that day. I say this because I'm worried about someone in my life. In the past 2 months my friend has convinced himself that he has 3 different types of cancers. The doctors continue to prove him wrong and each time they do he convinces himself another cancer is taking over his body. Right now his life is consumed by worrying and fear instead of being thankful that the doctors haven't found cancer. I told him to trust in God. Get up, plan a vacation, pray away any fears, and live life. The life he is choosing to live right now is not full of praise, joy, positivity, and can not be good for the soul.

Another example of this is people who hate their jobs. Instead of focusing on the good things about their job like the friends and the stability, they only see the bad things. Before they know it 30 years of their life has been wasted away by complaining and negativity. What a miserable existence! I challenge all of you to be able to differentiate from the good and bad. When things are good, be thankful for them and when things are bad, change it. Don't harp on it.

God is most definitely in control, but he does leave some things up to us. We have to plan and make choices while also trusting Him and being able to remain flexible. We must listen to Him and try to follow His will for our life and make good decisions. Below is a story my friend sent me and I'd like to share it with you.

There was a bad storm in town and the river started rising. Police came through the neighborhood asking people to leave because they'd drown in the river if they stayed. The man told the police officer he wasn't worried about it and God would take care of him. The river rose and the water got to the door of his house. Then, a man came in a boat and asked him to get in the boat because if he didn't he'd drown. The man replied, he wasn't worried about it because God would take care of him. The water then rose to his roof top. While on his roof a helicopter flew by and tried to rescue him. He said he wasn't worried about it and God would take care of him. Without accepting help, the man drowned. When he got up to heaven he was upset. He asked God why he didn't take care of him. God said he did. He sent a police officer, a boat and a helicopter to rescue him and he wouldn't listen.

The moral of the story is that God is willing to help, but we must be willing to listen. He gives us direction and then we must follow it. He can't do everything for us.

I'd like to share one other story with you. My daughter's friend spent all day making a gingerbread house with her 3 year old son. The next day, while the kid was at school, the dog ate the gingerbread house and had left only a few pieces on the table. The mom was so worried her son would be devastated. When the little boy ran in the room and she explained what happened all he said was "Yay! Thanks Ginger for saving me a piece!"

Isn't it great how he has such a positive outlook on life?

Overall, We all have to make decisions in life. We must live life to the fullest, be positive, praise Him and listen to God when He is trying to speak to us.

"I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.

Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live." Psalms 116:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment