Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Quick Update

Yesterday the Jesus' birthday party was a hit with Owen and his best friend. They read the story of Christmas and used a toy manger scene to further explain the details. The kid's got to sing happy birthday to Jesus and blow out the candles. Actually, they begged to blow the candles out repeatedly. The kids also received gifts in honor of Jesus' birthday. I think the boys now have a better understanding of the meaning of Christmas.

Today I'm feeling pretty good. I've started walking and doing exercises with my left arm. I can't work out my right arm because of my PICC but hope to maintain muscle in the rest of my body. I even ate beef for the first time in months and so far it seems to be settling well. My oncologist has stressed the importance of exercise and nutrition to me. She wants my goal to be maintaining calories and keeping my body in shape. The doctors believe I'm doing so well because I was in such good shape to begin with and I'd like to keep it that way. Anything helps!

I do have a question for those of you who have been through chemo. After I receive my treatment the top of my head breaks out in a rash. Do any of you have a similar experience?

"Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

2 comments:

  1. MARK,
    I hope your holidays are filled with love and happiness. The Einstein look shouldnt be so bad!!!! Charlsey tells me I am getting grey hair too. I JUST TURNED 30! not good! havent seen you in a while. looking forward to it! We will be praying for you. Especially for your appointment coming up. Lets start the New Year off with some good news!!! STILL WEARING PERRIWINKLE PURPLE!! "say it, fight it, cure it"
    Love you man
    jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you and I hope you and your family has a merry Chrismas. I would like to have lunch sometimes give me a call and I will show you not grey but white hair.

    ReplyDelete