Monday, May 17, 2010
I thought I'd give you one last update for the night. Right now they have him on an IV antibiotic hoping to bring down his liver count. They also plan on draining his stomach again tomorrow. Since his stomach filled up with fluid within a 3 day period they plan on keeping him on diuretics to hopefully prevent fluid build up. After testing the fluid last week they discovered it is caused by cancer. Lastly they plan on checking his stint/bile duct for blockage. He still hasn't been able to eat or hold anything down. Also, they haven't figured out the right dosage of medication to relieve his pain. I'm not sure if you noticed, but the past week or so he hasn't been up to talking. Instead of calling, feel free to email/post comments and I'm sure he will get back to you once he is feeling better. I'll continue to update you on the blog!!! Thanks for the prayers!!!