Sunday, March 7, 2010

What Not to Say to a Bald Cancer Patient

This past week people have really said these things to me:

-I didn't recognize you.
-Oh, your bald.
-Your face is wrinkled.
-You look old.
-If someone saw you on the street they'd look at you and say he looks sick.
-You look terrible.
-Man, you always looked so much younger than me. I always thought you were about 35, but now you look about 60.
-It's coming back all gray.

*These comments didn't hurt my feelings at all, I just thought they were funny.

2 comments:

  1. Shallow people! What can I say?

    We love you and are so proud of you for all the strength you have shown physically, emotionally and spiritually. You are my heroe! I smile each time I think of the miracle that has and is taking place with you in your healing.

    Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are baeutiful Mark. God looks at the heart and not our body.You are my hero also.
    Your faith shines like a bright light!

    ReplyDelete