Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back to Chemo

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated the blog, but my blogger was out of town! I'll go ahead and update you on the happenings of the past few days. Last week I woke up with a small knot on the side of my neck. By the next day it was a big knot. I went to my regular doctor and they did an ultrasound. They determined my lymph nodes were swollen, but couldn't tell if it was my cancer or just an infection. I was concerned and eager to visit my oncologist at MDA. She said she wasn't sure what it was, but if it was cancer the chemo would knock it out. If it were an infection and it didn't go away I may end up on antibiotics. As of now, the knot is still there. I think it's probably an infection, but it made for an intense week.

On Wednesday I had my first chemo with the new drug. Before chemo was done I was already nauseated. Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday were rough. I couldn't eat or drink without vomiting. By Sunday I was feeling better, just tired. I'm not sure why I got so sick this round. Maybe it was because I had a break from chemo or maybe the new drug didn't settle well? Either way this round was not fun.

The only other thing that I've noticed since my last blog entry is my nails are changing color and texture. Some people say your nails can even fall off! I sure hope that doesn't happen.

I'll have chemo again a week from tomorrow.

"He who has the son has life; He does not have the son of God does not have life." 1 John 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment