This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for so many things, but this year in particular I'm thankful for the simple things.
1. I'm thankful that I woke up on Thursday with very little pain.
2. I was not only able to eat but also enjoy my food.
3. I was able to spend the day with family and friends. We squeezed 40 people into my mother's 750 square foot home.
4. I woke up to my grand baby being in the house.
5. I've always been able to speak in large groups when it's related to work, but I've never openly prayed in front of people. This Thanksgiving my mother asked for my 2 brothers and me to bless the food. For the first time in my life I was able to pray in front of people and actually found it easy. Why would it be hard to praise God when he made it possible for me to have such a happy Thanksgiving.
6. This was particularly a special Thanksgiving because for the first time ever I knew who to be thankful to....God.
"I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart..." Psalms 9