Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for so many things, but this year in particular I'm thankful for the simple things.

1. I'm thankful that I woke up on Thursday with very little pain.
2. I was not only able to eat but also enjoy my food.
3. I was able to spend the day with family and friends. We squeezed 40 people into my mother's 750 square foot home.
4. I woke up to my grand baby being in the house.
5. I've always been able to speak in large groups when it's related to work, but I've never openly prayed in front of people. This Thanksgiving my mother asked for my 2 brothers and me to bless the food. For the first time in my life I was able to pray in front of people and actually found it easy. Why would it be hard to praise God when he made it possible for me to have such a happy Thanksgiving.
6. This was particularly a special Thanksgiving because for the first time ever I knew who to be thankful to....God.

"I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart..." Psalms 9

2 comments:

  1. My wife says you are wrong for the Union President comment! LOL! ( She was just joking.............. i think) I still cant figure out HOW IN THE WORLD you put up with all those people and chaos for all these years! i cant even get the Ketones under control!
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the turkey! Keep writing.... everyone at work appreciates the comments and updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know! You lift me up and I should be lifting you up...well we are lifting you up in prayer. :) Guess what? You're not alone when it comes to praying in front of people...I don't like to because I always think I might sound dumb...geezzzz like God doesn't already know what I'm thinking and who really cares what some else might think. Guess I need to step out of my comfort zone! So Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and had friends and family around to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete