Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Preparing for Ground Zero

Today I went to MDA and they installed an infusion port for chemo. This port goes from a vein in my upper arm to a major artery in my heart. This will allow the chemo to go through my body without collapsing the small veins. Amazingly it didn't hurt. The nurse made me feel comfortable and was very efficient. We also attended classes on how to change the dressing and how to flush it. Tomorrow I will start my chemo. I want to thank all my family and my friends for all of the love and support.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not rely on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Mark,

    My thoughts and Prayers are with you and family.Our God has a plan for your life.We all have Trials we face in our lives and we all ask "WHY ME" but i promise God knows why and he always has a reason behind it.I had to go threw a big scare myself yrs ago with my health and possible Cancer.The doctors said if i would not have found it when i did i could have lost my eye site.I was very scared here i was a single mom of a beautiful little girl that really needed me as well as i needed her.And to think that if God would not have gotten me to the right Doctor at the right time i may not have ever been able to lay eyes on my little girl as she grew up.And God knew that was a Very Important thing to me to always be here for my daughter and watch her grow.So i went into major surgery not knowing if i was going to wake up,or to bad news.But im here to tell you that OUR GOD brought me threw it and my tumor was not cancer and God has pulled me threw with only one Adrenal Gland so he has ur Healing Awaiting Ahead after you cross over the battle bridge.And i know Mark that God has something really Special for you in your life.So as we all paray you threw this Battle give all your Thanks To Our "GOD" and he will fight this fight with you and for you..I want you to know that i Love You and will be fighting this battle with you and be there All the Way..All my Love ..UR NIece KIM GASPARD and CHASITY and DESTINY

    ReplyDelete