Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Praise the Lord

I want to thank everyone for sending me comments and emails. Even though I'm not responding, they do give me encouragement, strength and brighten my day. I had another good day today and ate well.

I created this blog to update people on my progress, educate people about the trials of cancer, and praise God. There are probably people confused by the spiritual aspect of my blog. I've always been a strong believer in God, but I was never openly religious. I'm not the one who usually says the prayers before meals and did not attend church regularly.

I consider myself a strong man who has a 7th degree black belt and an instructor, a union president and I was born a Hidalgo. In my career I've fought many men, bargained many contracts and have depended on myself to handle most problems. I've always been in control of everything with little help from others. Being diagnosed with stomach cancer made me realize I'm not in control. I can't fix this and I have no control. I'm dependent on MDA doctors and most of all God because it's all in His hands.

Three years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had surgery at MDA and became cancer free. For the next three years I continued with my busy schedule and felt like I was in control of my life. Recently I was diagnosed with stomach cancer and left with a lot of time to reflect. Sitting alone in a dark room, starring at the four walls I remember receiving calls in the past from men all over the country wanting information about prostate cancer. They needed information and hope. I was able to give them both. I remember telling them that there was life after prostate cancer and remember giving all the credit to MDA and the robotic surgery. I never gave credit to who really made me cancer free and that was God. That was a mistake. I made a promise to myself and to God that I would never let that happen again. From that day forward I would praise Him for all His glory.

"I will give thanks to the LORD with all (A)my heart;I will tell of all Your wonders. Psalms." 9:1

No comments:

Post a Comment