Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A New Goal Met

In life people set and accomplish many goals.

For example:

1. Run a 26 mile marathon
2. Win a triathlon
3. Climb Mount Everest
4. Run and jump from the highest bridge
5. Water raft down the Colorado Rapids
6. Win championship cage fighting
7. Become an Indian Chief

This past week I was able to accomplish my goal. I showered without depending on someone to wrap my arm. This accomplishment may not seem like much compared to climbing Mount Everest, but to an independent person like me this was huge. I even took 2 showers today just because I could. As my grandson says, "Today is a happy day."

"Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise." Jeremiah 17:14

1 comment:

  1. I have recently started reading your blogs and am amazed by your positive attitude and your strength. Thank you for sharing your life and your experiences. ~~Kat

    ReplyDelete