Wednesday, February 17, 2010

1 More Chemo Closer to Remission

Today I went to MDA for chemo. All of my blood work came back great including my white blood cells, red blood cells, and nutrition level. With such a great report I was able to receive chemo. I was a little nervous today because they were going to stick the needle in my port for the first time. During my last chemo session they did use the port but had prepped the port for chemo during surgery. This week they punctured the skin in my chest to get to the port. Thirty minutes before chemo began I put Lidocaine/Prilocaine on my chest and then covered it with Saran Wrap. This cream deadened the skin and made the injection pain free. I did feel the needle go in and hear a click, but it was not painful.

Now after chemo, my chest is a little sore but I think it's because I still have stitches. Also, I'm already feeling nauseated and exhausted.

I am now scheduled for a petscan in two weeks. From my understanding this test is more detailed than a catscan. The petscan can see the individual cells in the tumor and give the doctors a better picture than a catscan can. I'll give more details on the petscan as I learn more. This test is really important because it determines whether or not I continue chemo and gives us an idea of what's going on.

"Man does not see what the Lord sees, for man sees what is visible, but the Lord sees the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

2 comments:

  1. Mark,I had a ultra sound done today on my liver.It will be sent to Dr. Fallon @ TEXAS LIVER CENTER UTMB.He will look at the results from that and my bloodwork and meet with me on March 23rd.I'm not worried because I know I'm in God's hands. "So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful creator and continue to do good." 1 Peter 4:19

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has a plan for all of us, we just have to rely on him to guide us and we have to follow his will. Let me know what you find out after your Dr. visit

    ReplyDelete