Friday, February 12, 2010

1 More Chemo

This week I've noticed the effects of the chemo have lasted longer than usual. Even last night when I drank something cold my lips tingled. That sensation is usually gone after 4 days, but this time it lasted 10 days. I assume this means that the chemo is still in my system which is great. The only down side is I won't get a break in between chemo sessions. I was getting use to having 4 or 5 normal days before the next treatment.

This Wednesday I was suppose to having another catscan to see how my body has responded to the last few treatments, but it's been rescheduled. Now, I'm getting another treatment of chemo and the scan will be in another 2 weeks. With MDA you never know what your schedule will be, so it would be a good idea to check it online before leaving your house. Of course, I haven't set up my account yet, so I get my schedule when arriving at MDA. A lot of the time my schedule is completely different than the one they gave me 2 weeks earlier.

What I have come to realize is it doesn't matter. I'm usually at MDA all day so it doesn't matter if my schedule has been pushed back by a few hours. You have to be flexible and realize there are more important things in life.

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." Romans 8:25

2 comments:

  1. And the God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory in Christ,after you have suffered a little while will himself restore you and make you strong,firm,and steadfast.To him be the power forever and ever.Amen. 1 Peter 5:10-11
    WITH LOVE IN CHRIST_____BILL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What keeps me strong is Jesus Christ and I was born an Hidalgo and raised by one. That's a great combination.

    ReplyDelete