Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

This weekend I felt good and was able to enjoy my Easter celebrations. I felt blessed to wake up every morning and have my family there and a grand baby to keep me company. On Saturday we went to my brother's house for lunch and an egg hunt. It was nice to sit around and catch up with my family. Then, on Sunday I went to my sister-in-law's house for lunch and another hunt and really enjoyed visiting with everyone there as well. Holidays really mean more to me now that I have cancer. I feel completely blessed to just be there. Overall, I was able to enjoy visiting with everyone and even felt good enough to enjoy the food. It was a great weekend.

Also, this Easter took on a special meaning in my life because it was the first time I understood the meaning of the holiday. I've celebrated the holiday in the past, but have never reflected on it's meaning. I can't imagine watching my son be born and know that in years to come he would take on the world's sin, endure ridicule, intense pain, and even a cruel death. Then, as my son was being put on the cross having the will power to let it happen so the world could be forgiven of their sins. I truly can't imagine the sacrifice God made that day. I'm so thankful he is stronger than I am because now we all have a path to heaven. It's also amazing to think about the events that led to Jesus' death and resurrection. This entire weekend represents promise, hope, and sacrifice . I'm so thankful to be a Christian! Without God's help I wouldn't be here today and thanks to his faithfulness I'm being healed and able to appreciate him more and more each day.

"Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus." Romans 6: 8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment